Mississippi Church of God
Department of Black Ministries: Director
Bishop William & LouAnn Golden
P. O. Box 1834
West Point, MS 39773
The Mississippi Church of God Department of Black Ministries serves the population of people of African descent within the state of Mississippi and works cooperatively with the International Department of Black Ministries. Its director serves under the supervision of the State Administrative Bishop. The thematic emphasis of the department is the promotion of black evangelism within the state of Mississippi.
To reach, teach, and release spirit-empowered ministers and laity to promote evangelism, discipleship, church growth and ultimately healthy African American churches.
- To provide training and resource materials to ministers who have the ability to reach others and bring them into the Kingdom.
- To become a self-supporting department spiritually and financially in order to empower all African American ministers for the advancement of the Kingdom of God.
- To proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ through the Power of Pentecost to every individual through evangelism outreach, church planting, church amalgamation and church revitalization.
- To teach the new ministers the scripture submission of the Declaration of Faith and Church government.
- To develop in the minister/member proper attitude toward the Church, toward the work of the ministry.
Finally, it is the purpose of the Department of Black Ministries to develop in the minister/member a firm commitment to the Pentecostal faith and to the tenets of holiness as demonstrated in Personal life.